Happy Holidays! Well, another year has come and gone! How is that possible? This is the time of year that I always like to look back on what were the most popular blog posts for the year.
I always have fun going back through the posts that I’ve written. It’s so interesting to see what posts have really resonated with all of you.
Best of 2016
So, here we go. The top 10 most popular posts – in no particular order.
- How To Paint Furniture – This is not a brand new post, I first published this post in 2014. It’s been my most popular post ever! This past summer I added some updated info to the post and also created a video that shows how I painted our master bedroom furniture. Then I re-published the post with the new info and video.
- 10 Fabulous Pillow Tutorials – I love that you liked this post so well! It’s a round up of 10 of my most popular pillow tutorials.
- Before & After Home Tour – This fall, I finally had the main areas of our home done enough so that I could do a tour of our home. I am so happy with everything we did during our renovation, and couldn’t wait to share it.
- My Design Aesthetic May Not Be Yours… But That’s OK! – I was very surprised at how much you all liked this post. Sometimes the most popular posts are not the tutorials, but the posts where I bare my soul a little bit.
- $100 Room Makeover – This was one of my favorite posts too. Myself and some other bloggers each took a room in our home and did a makeover for under $100. It was a lot of fun making over one of our guest bedrooms. It’s the bedroom that my grand daughter sleeps in, so she was my inspiration.
- How To Paint Laminate Furniture – This post has really surprised me with how popular it is! The post has done well on the blog, but the video has done extremely well on YouTube. I guess a lot of people have laminate furniture that they would like to update with paint. I’m very glad it’s been helpful.
- Laundry Room Reveal – I love our renovated laundry room so much! It makes me happy to open the doors to the laundry room and see the cheerful green walls. Almost makes it fun to do laundry – almost.
- How To Make A Sign Using Vinyl Letters – After the reveal of our laundry room, I got lots of questions about how I made the laundry room sign on the shelf. This post is a tutorial showing how to make the sign using a vinyl decal. A fun and easy project!
- How To Paint Cabinets – I wrote this post to share all of the things that I’ve learned after painting our kitchen and 3 bathroom vanity cabinets over the last couple of years. Painting cabinets is not a quick and easy project, but I love how painting the cabinets has updated our home. No more orange oak!
- 10 Books I Love To Read Over & Over – This post was a departure from what I usually write about, but I had been wanting to write a post sharing some of my favorite books for a long time. I love to read, so I’m thrilled that this was one of the most popular posts this year!
So there you have it, the most popular posts of 2016. I hope you enjoy looking back on some of these posts as much as I do.
I hope you’re having a wonderful holiday season!