Welcome to my blog! I am excited to start this new blogging adventure with you! In this first post I would like to give you an idea of what I will be writing about on this site.
I love this quote by Laura Ingalls Wilder, who wrote the wonderful Little House on the Prairie series of books. “Home is the nicest word there is.” I’m a homebody at heart, and love being at home. I also love decorating our home and making it a happy, comfortable place to come to.
Which brings us to the theme of this blog – HOME.
Home means a lot of different things to different people. For most, it’s a place to relax, and spend time with family and friends. Homes can also be decorated in many different ways.
Everyone has their own style of decorating, and what makes each home unique is when it is filled with special items that are meaningful to it’s homeowner. Whatever home means to you, I hope I can give you some inspiration here to create the home you have always wanted.
Here are some of the topics I will be sharing with you here :
- Window Treatments – We will talk about different styles of draperies, valances and shades, tips for figuring out what is the best style for your windows, and I will show you some client before and after pictures.
- Sewing Projects – I will share step-by-step written and video tutorials showing how to create different home decor projects like pillows, cushions, draperies and valances. Also some just-for-fun sewing projects.
- Home Decor – Featuring some beautiful rooms, color and fabric tips, and much more!
- Do-It-Yourself Projects – I love DIY projects, and I will share some of my own and some from others.
- Organization – Having things in my home organized helps keep me sane, so I will tell you about some of the ways I try to keep track of things, and reduce the visual clutter that drives me a little crazy!
So, what does home mean to you? Thanks for joining me on this new adventure, and please let me know if there are any topics you would like to read about.