It’s that time of year again! You’ve put all of the Christmas decorations away, and suddenly it seems like a good time to get the house organized! Or is it just me that feels that way after the holidays? If you feel like doing some organizing, today I’m going to share how to organize a linen closet.
First, let’s look at the ugly before picture.
There were so many problems with this linen closet! It is in our hallway between the 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and it needs to function well for all of these rooms.
In this condition, it didn’t function very well at all. Here are some of the problems we had:
- When I needed to get a set of sheets for one of the beds, I never knew what size sheet I was looking at.
- I could never find a whole set of sheets. For example, a queen size top sheet might be mixed in with a full size fitted sheet.
- The towels shown in the closet were just a few of the towels we have. I needed a space to hold all of the extra bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths.
- The plastic bins were supposed to keep all kinds of things organized – like sunscreen, over-the-counter medications. But, they were so full, and such a mess, that it was hard to find anything.
- The shelf under the bins shelf was a mess too, and I could never find what I was looking for.
- Bottom line – we had too much stuff in this closet, and too many different types of things.