Learn how to organize under the bathroom sink, so that everything has it’s own place. No more looking for something that you know you have, but can’t find in all of the mess!
Does anyone love the under the sink area of their bathroom? I know I don’t. For years I’ve struggled with how to organize under the bathroom sink, but I could not come up with a solution that stuck. Pretty soon we would be back to having a mess under the sink.
We could never find what we needed under the sink, so we ended up buying more products. When I took everything out of the cabinet this time, I found 22 of the pink razors that I use to shave my legs! 22! That’s almost a life-time supply for me!
Today, I’m excited to share with you how I organized our under the sink area!
How To Organize Under The Bathroom Sink
The day that I finally organized under the sink, I may have gone in and opened the vanity doors several times to look in awe at all of the organized bliss. I was so excited that I finally had a system set up that would work for the long term!
I created a short video that shows the steps that I took and the products I used to organize under the bathroom sink. I’ve also written out the instructions below the video.
- Take everything out of the cabinet. Throw away any items that may have expired, and move items to another spot if they will work better there. I moved a pile of towels I kept under the sink to our linen closet a few months ago. You can see how I organized our linen closet here.
- While the cabinet is empty, clean it.
- Measure the area under the sink. You might already have some storage items that would work for this area. You want to be able to use the vertical space under the sink. I purchased 4 stackable bins that fit on either side of our sink.
- I also bought the cute plastic jars to hold cotton balls, cotton rounds and make-up remover. Mine came from our local HiVee store, but you can probably find something similar from the Container Store or on Amazon.
- If you want to store some cleaning products under the sink, these plastic bins are great for that.
- Once you have all of your storage containers, fill them with your stuff. Try to group like items together. I put all of the soaps and lotions together, all of the contact solution and eye cleaner together, etc.
- Enjoy your newly organized under the bathroom sink area!
I’m happy to report that it’s been about 4 months since I organized this area, and it’s STILL organized. Yay!