This kitchen drawer organizer system is so easy to use! Create a kitchen drawer organizer that exactly fits your drawers! No woodworking involved!
Link for kitchen drawer organizer
I like things to be neat, clean and organized, but if I can hide a mess behind a cabinet door or in a drawer – I will.
Then for months, or years, whenever I open the cabinet door or drawers, the unorganized mess bothers me. I can’t easily find what I’m looking for. But, because of my perfection paralysis, if I can’t organize it perfectly, it doesn’t get organized at all.
Real (not staged) picture of one of our kitchen junk drawers …
Also, when we moved into our house 22 years ago, I put things away in drawers and cabinets in what I thought was an organized way. But, over the years I’ve realized that our kitchen drawers and cabinets could be organized in a smarter way.
So, I’m completely re-organizing all of our kitchen cabinets and drawers. (My husband can’t find anything…).
Today, I’m sharing the kitchen drawer organizer system that I’m using to make our drawers more organized. When I was looking for organizing containers for our drawers, I couldn’t find any that perfectly fit in our drawers or the items that I wanted to put in the drawers.
With the organizer system I’m using, there’s no wasted space. Everything in each drawer has it’s own special place, and there’s no more searching for items! It’s fantastic! I’m excited to share it with you, so let’s get started!
Kitchen Drawer Organizer
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission. The great thing is, it won’t cost you a penny more! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Pencil or Pen
I’ve created a video that shows how I organized my kitchen drawers with this fabulous system, and I’ve written out the instructions below the video for you to follow along.
- Take everything out of drawers, and decide what you’re keeping, donating and throwing away.
- Clean the drawers.
- Lay the items that you want to put back in the drawers in the drawer. Keep a separation between items so that you can make a compartment for each item.
- Install the holders for the first divider.
- Measure from holder to holder for the first divider.
- Score the divider with the utility knife, and then snap apart.
- Install the divider in the holders.
- Continue on with the rest of the compartments.
- Place the items back in the drawer.
I hope you enjoyed this look at our kitchen drawer organizer system! Do you have tips for organizing kitchen drawers?