Last week we talked about knife pleat ruffles, and how to make them. Today we’re going to talk about how to make a pillow with knife pleat ruffle.
Be sure to check out our popular How To Make Pillows page for over 25 pillow ideas, tips & techniques!
How To Make A Pillow With Knife Pleat Ruffle
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Materials to make a 14″ x 14″ pillow
14″ pillow form
1/2 yard of fabric for pillow
1/2 yard of fabric for ruffle
1. Cut out two squares 14″ x 14″ for your pillow front and back.
2. Cut out strips of fabric for your ruffle. Please see the How To Make A Knife Pleat Ruffle for directions on how to figure cuts. For this pillow with a 1″ ruffle – I cut my strips 3″ wide and cut enough strips to make 168″.
3. Sew all of your strips of fabric for the ruffle together to make a big circle of fabric. Fold strip in half and serge edge.
4. Pleat the strip of fabric to make the knife pleat ruffle.
5. Pin the ruffle to the right side of the front pillow square. Ease in or let out the ruffle fabric if it doesn’t fit exactly.
6. Stitch ruffle to pillow.
7. Pin front and back of the pillow together (right sides together), and stitch. Leaving the fourth side open.
8. Turn pillow right side out and insert pillow form.
9. Sew bottom edges of pillow closed. See these directions for how to hand sew the pillow closed.
Thanks for joining me for this tutorial. Enjoy your new pillow!