Anybody who sews, knows how important good sewing scissors are! They can make or break a sewing project. Today, I’m going to share with you 5 of my favorite sewing scissors. They each have a special job – something specific that they are very good at.
Most sewists are very protective of their fabric scissors! We all know what happens when our good fabric scissors are used to cut paper! (Quick tip – Don’t cut batting with your good fabric scissors either, it will dull them just like paper will.)
My Favorite Sewing Scissors
I’ve created a quick video that shows each of my favorite scissors, and why I like each one. The scissors are also listed below the video.
- Fiskars Soft Touch Spring Action scissors – I use these scissors as my go-to everyday scissor. They have a spring action, so they are great if you have arthritis or carpel tunnel syndrome. Very comfortable to use all day.
- KAI 5210 Ergonomics 8″ dressmaking shears – I like these scissors because they aren’t too long, and also because they will easily cut through many layers of fabric.
- Gingher 4″ embroidery scissors – I have a pair of these next to each of my sewing machines. They’re great to cut my threads after I’m done sewing a seam, or if I just need a small pair of scissors for a small cutting job.
- Nippers by Golden Eagle – these are great for cutting lots of threads. They have a spring action like the Fiskars, so they make short work of cutting several threads. I use them when I’ve sewn my pleats into a panel, and have all of my threads to cut.
- KAI Rubber Stamping Shears – I use these scissors when I need to cut a large thickness, such as a large piece of cording.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this look at my favorite sewing scissors!
What are your favorite sewing scissors to use for your sewing projects?